The Bike Technician will host and instruct guests while serving in the Trail Center as a bike mechanic, rental attendant, retail point-of-sale operator, and trail builder.
- Greet and assist guest in bike rental and issuance
- Properly size and fit the bike to the guest
- Answer guest questions and give directions
- Work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Operate a point-of-sale system
- Perform basic mechanical tasks on the bike fleet
- Assist in building bikes
- Bike mechanic experience
- Retail experience
- Basic mountain bike riding skills
- Attention to detail, good decision making skills, and safety consciousness are a must
- Good oral communication skills and ability to speak in front of large and small groups
- Ability to take direction and work without direct supervision
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
- Candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays as required
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.