Deep Water Solo Lifeguards at the Whitewater Center host and instruct guests at the Deep Water Solo complex, while attentively observing the pool area and enforcing rules and regulations.
- Maintain the safety of our guests in and around the Deep Water Solo complex, remaining alert and using all senses while on duty
- Represent the Whitewater Center by maintaining a professional attitude and greeting guests in a positive and friendly manner
- Communicate and enforce all Whitewater Center regulations
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during special events and daily operations
- Respond quickly and appropriately to all emergencies in and around the pool area using the Emergency Action Plan
- Handle all incidents in a manner that is appropriate to the level of your training
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements to management
- Perform other duties as assigned in relation to the Deep Water Solo complex and/or the safety of Whitewater guests
- Maintain valid certifications, with skill and certification refreshers as necessary or as deemed appropriate by management
- Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- A current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Previous experience as a lifeguard is preferred but not required
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Attention to detail, good decision making, and safety consciousness are a must -Good oral communication skills and the ability to speak in front of groups
- The ability to take direction and work without direct supervision
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to swim 300 yards and to a depth of 16 feet
- Standing for up to 4+ hours per shift
- Bending, leaning, and kneeling on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment where climate changes regularly
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.