Land Sports Guides lead engaging experiences in a variety of land-based activities at the Whitewater Center. Guides are trained to safely operate activities, and will lead guests through a unique assortment of pass activities: rock climbing, zip lines, jumps, and ropes courses. Guides help create memorable guest experiences and should promote the Whitewater Center’s active outdoor lifestyle. No previous experience required.
- Interact with guests in a positive and friendly manner, and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Provide guests with the appropriate equipment and instruction for each respective activity
- Answer questions and troubleshoot guest needs in accordance with training, policies and procedures
- Respectfully communicate and enforce all Whitewater Center regulations and policies
- Respond quickly and appropriately to all emergencies following the Whitewater Center/Land Sports emergency action plan
- Perform inspections on activities and equipment daily
- Document and communicate any potential hazards or risks to management
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgement, with safety as a top priority
- Ability to take direction and work without direct supervision
- Disposition toward continued learning and improvement
- Maintain availability to work weekends and holidays
- Applicants must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to work outdoors for sustained periods of time, with varying weather conditions
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.
The general application is a 2-step process. Applicants must complete the online general application and then participate in a one-way video interview. The invitation to participate in the video interview will be emailed after you complete the online forms. The interview takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is a series of questions answered with a webcam or the mobile app.
Applicants interested in this specific opportunity should state their employment preferences in the online application.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Whitewater Center.