Raft Guides at the Whitewater Center are seasonal employees responsible for delivering safe, entertaining, and thrilling whitewater rafting experiences to nearly 170,000 guests annually. This position requires that applicants either have prior commercial rafting experience or complete the Whitewater Center Raft Guide School and guide qualification process.
The Whitewater Center is currently seeking applicants for this fun, physical, and guest oriented position. Raft guides report directly to the Raft Operations Manager. Weekend, evening, and holiday hours will be required routinely throughout the summer season.
- Deliver high quality rafting experiences for 6-9 guests at a time in all permissible weather conditions
- Evaluate the guest’s level of comfort and ability, and adjust the rafting experience accordingly to meet the guest’s needs
- Guide up to 5 raft trips daily – raft trips are approximately 90 minutes in duration including time for a trip talk and gear up
- Perform River Guard shifts to ensure guest safety on an assigned stretch of the whitewater channel
- Must be prepared to purchase and maintain required personal guide equipment
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times while on-site
- Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products, and services offered by the USNWC -Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be 17 years old and graduating high school
- No prior commercial whitewater rafting experience is required.
- Reasonable level of comfortable with public speaking and continuous guest interaction
- Level of physical fitness and swimming capabilities must be appropriately developed to meet safety-related responsibilities of this position
- A current First Aid, CPR & AED Certification is required for active employees – courses are offered by the Whitewater Center
- Very comfortable in and around moving water
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to guide up to 5 raft trips daily
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
- Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Outdoor Activities Department
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
Working at Whitewater
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
Applicants interested in this position apply via the general application link below.